Free printable worksheets for kindergartners, grade 1 and more. Download Free Worksheets for Kids
Numbers Tracing 1-20 Worksheets for Kids
- Pinterest 6.5K
Help your kids learn the basic skills with these numbers tracing 1-20 worksheets free printable. They learn how to write their numbers with these numbers tracing worksheets.
This post contains affiliate links and we will earn commission if you buy the products through those links. For more information, please read our disclosures here
Is your child learning how to write ? Encourage them to write beautifully with these numbers tracing 1-20 worksheets.
They can start from a very basic first five numbers and slowly move on to the next ones. Once they start writing, they can go for more advanced worksheets like these math worksheets for kindergarten students.
Related: Outer Space Bingo Printable
These numbers tracing worksheets are perfect for kindergarten and preschool students when they are just beginning to hold their pencils and start scribbling on the paper.
Tracing the numbers and following the dots is one of the fun activities for kids and they will love to keep doing it.
Numbers Tracing Worksheets
Not only will your preschoolers or kindergartner love writing their numbers they get to practice their handwriting .
They will also learn how to hold the pencil properly so that they can write neatly on those numbers.
Free Printable 1-20 Numbers Tracing
Make sure to download your copy of these free printable numbers tracing worksheets.
Each sheet has numbers from 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and 16-20
These are divided into smaller numbers so that your little one does not feel overwhelmed with too many numbers on one sheet.
Related: Free Printable Wall Art for Kids Room
You can give them one sheet each day, or even repeat the same sheet if they wish to.
Once they feel ready, you can hand them over the next sheet. This way they won’t feel rushed to finish the sheets and will be comfortable just finishing up a few numbers at a time.
Here’s the preview of what these free printable worksheets look like:
Want more than tracing numbers 1-20 Worksheets?
Here’s the link to download tracing numbers 1-50 . These are little colorful and there are 5 Tracing Numbers Worksheets from 1-50.
Each sheet is divided in to 10 groups of numbers.
How to print these Worksheets?
These worksheets are letter size sheets so can be easily printed at home on letter size paper.
These sheets can be used as is, or you can laminate them for durability.
If you decide to laminate them, you can use these over and over. Kids can use dry eraser or washable markers that can be erased once done.
Christmas Coloring and Tracing Sheets
Free Back to School Coloring Pages for Kids
THE WORKSHEETS ARE VERY HELPFUL. MY CHILD IS HAVING FUN TRACING NUMBERS. THANK YOU SO MUCH
Leave a Reply Cancel reply
Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *
- Disc & Ring Bound
- Party Games
- Free Printables
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- New? Start Here!
Number Writing Practice 1-20 Worksheets
Give your students the number writing practice they need to writing numbers 1-20 with these free printable number writing practice 1-20 . This practice writing numbers activity is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grader students. Simply print the pdf file with the writing numbers worksheet 1-20 and you are ready to practice.
Number Writing Practice
Some preschoolers, kindergartners, and grade 1 students need extra practice making their numbers. It’s so easy to get S and 5 confused or p and b – for example . These number writing practice 1-20 are a NO PREP number writing practice that will not only help kids practice their handwriting, but work on some math skills too. These free printable numbers 1-20 are good for working on fine motor skills or students who need a little extra practice. Each of the number worksheets 1-20 includes number words, tracing numbers, counting, number recognition, what number comes next, and more!
Number Writing Practice 1-20
To use these no prep, number worksheets , simply scroll to the bottom of this post. Click on the text link that says >> _____ <<. The free printable tracing numbers 1-20 worksheets pdf file will open in a new window for you to print and save the math worksheets.
Practice Writing Numbers
Whether you are a parent, teacher, or homeschooler – you will love the number practice 1-20 children get with these free worksheets ! There are so many skills conveniently located on this number tracing worksheets 1-20.
Writing Numbers Worksheet 1-20
Print the free printable number worksheets you need. The practice writing numbers 1-20 are in black and white to save on printing costs. You can always laminate the pages and complete with a dry erase marker to make it a reusable activity for your math center, extra practice, seat work, etc. If you just print the blackline numbers 1-20 printable you can complete it with crayons, markers, colored pencils, gel pens, regulary #2 pencil or whatever you prefer.
Free printable numbers 1-20
These are such a fun way to learn to write numbers 1-20. Each free printable number worksheets includes space to work on:
- Write students anme
- Fill in the ten frame
- tracing numbers 1-20 (there is a seperate page for each number worksheets 1-20 )
- trace number words (these writing numbers in words worksheets are so handy for working on a tricky skill!)
- learn to write numbers 1-20
- letter recognition (great for working on visual discrimniation with students)
- count and color the objects
- what comes next (great for putting what they are learning into practice as they figure out what number is missing, what comes before, what number comes after, etc)
Counting Activities 0-10
If you are looking for some more fun, engaging, hands-on, and free printable counting activities for toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergartners – check out these great resources!
- 5 Little Monkeys Printable counting activity 1-5
- Counting Farm Animals – numbers 1 to 5
- Fruit Loops Ten Frame Math Cards
- Counting Umbrella Craft Preschool
- Barnyard Counting Clip Card (Counting 1-10)
- Caterpillar Numbers 1-10 Printable book to count, color, and trace
- Super cute, Free Playdough Number Mats
- Fingerprint Activity Worksheet
- Vegetables Counting From 1 to 10 clip cards (plus number words recognition too)
- Zoo Animals Counting Worksheet
- Firefly Free Printable Counting Worksheets
- Counting Apple Playdough Mats with ten frame (or this free printable apple counting book )
- Bowling Counting Activities for Preschoolers
- Firefly Printable Math Game
- Camping math activities for preschoolers
- SUPER cute Spider math activities for preschoolers with Playdough Mats
- Butterfly Ten Frame math activities for preschool or these butterfly math worksheets
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Flashcards
- Donut Printables Counting Playdough Mats (number names)
- Free Printable Numbers 1-10 for Preschoolers (use with playdough, lego, stickers, etc.)
- Plant a Number Line to 10 or practice counting with these bug worksheets preschool
- Fall Worksheets to work on counting with toddler, preschool, pre-k, and kindergarten
- Counting Wheels 0-10 – Counting Activity Preschool
- Sunflower Sunflower seed counting activity (counting to 10)
- Ice Cream Counting Printable Scooping Numbers 1-10
- Lemonade Stand ten frame math worksheets with playdough or this ladybug counting activity
- Turkey Candy Corn Counting Worksheet s (numbers 1-10)
- Pizza Counting Game or this Monster Teeth Playdough Mats
- FUN Goldfish Printable Counting Cards (1-12 Counting Goldfish Activity )
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich Counting Games for Preschoolers
Counting Activities 1-20
- Flower Tracing Numbers 1-10 pdf
- Lego Numbers Printables – brick duplo mats to count and trace
- Counting Animals Worksheet 1-10
- Count to 10 Free Dauber Printables
- Watermelon Printable Counting Activity
- Counting Snowman Printables
- Printable Teen Number Games
- Counting Bugs 1-10 Coloring Book for preschoolers
- 1:1 Correspondence Pom Pom Counting Activity
- Bird One to One Correspondence Activity with free printable and jelly beans
- Counting Spaghetti and Meatballs Game
- Penguin Counting Worksheet
- Flower counting activity for preschool with circle stickers
- Free Watermelon Seed Counting Activity (Numbers 1-15)
- Counting practice with Strawberry activities for toddlers
- Monster Counting googly eyes printable (0-20)
- Cute Dump Truck Counting Mat (1-20)
- Flip-Flip Counting to 20 printable activity with stickers
- Corn-on-the-Cob Count to 20 Activity
- Pool Numbers Counting 1 to 20
- Catch 20 Bug Counting Game
- Kindergarten Teen Numbers Worksheets 11-20
- Summer Count to 20 Playdough Maths Activities ( spring playdough mats )
- Handy Free Printable Number Puzzles 1-20
- Pearl Counting to 20 Worksheets
- Free Counting games for kindergarten 1-20
- Counting to 10 Little bo peep activities for preschool
- Monster Counting Games for Kindergarten 1-20
- Rocketship Number Recognition 11-20 Games
- Numbers 1 to 20 Worksheets (or if you are in fall try these numbers 11 to 20 worksheets )
- Pirate Numbers 11-20 Worksheets pdf
Counting Activities 1-100
- Gumball Counting Activity with free printable template (1-30)
- Free Number Train Printable – practice counting to 20, 1-100, or skip counting
- Bugs Counting to 30 Activities
- Safari Count to 30 Game
- Around the World Puzzles – Counting to 50 Activities
- Bee 1 to 50 Counting Game
- Zoo Animals Printable Number Sense Activity
- Roll to 100 free printable
- Construction Number Recognition Games 1-100
- Hands-on, free printable Domino math games kindergarten
- Flower Spring Number Puzzles
- Free printable Counting to 100 games
- Missing Number Worksheets 1-100
- Around the World Count to 100 Puzzles
- Farm Number Words Worksheets
- Number Worksheets 1-10
- Free Number Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Cute Number Coloring Page s 1-10
- Handy Number Worksheets 11-20
- Zoo Animals Color by Number Worksheets
- Free Tracing Numbers 1-30 Printables
- Fill in the Missing Number Worksheets
- Pirate Color by Number Worksheets
- Use Bingo markest to count, color, and trace these free Numbers 1-20 Worksheets
- Kindergarten Number Writing Practice for numbers 1-20
Kindergarten Number Activities
- Gumball Playdough Number Activities for Kindergarten
- Count and Play Playdough Number Mats
- Wheel Clip Cards Counting Activities for Kindergarten
- Counting Bingo Dauber Worksheets
- Free Fingerprint Counting Printables
- Goldfish Counting Activities for Kindergarten
- Farm Counting Worksheets for Kindergarten
- 100 FUN and Free Printable Number Sense Activities and Games
Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Apple Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Spring Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Summertime Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Smores Kindergarten Math Worksheets
- Summer Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Crack the Code Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Addition Wheels Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Tens and Ones Place Value Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Addition Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Small, Smaller, Smallest Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- Big, Bigger, Biggest Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
- See all our Kindergarten Worksheets , all our Math Worksheets , and all our Math Worksheets for Kindergarten
Writing Numbers 1-20
By using materials from my site you agree to the following:
- This is for personal use only (teachers, including coops, please see my TPT store )
- This may NOT be sold, hosted, reproduced, or stored on any other site (including blog, Facebook, Dropbox, etc.)
- Graphics Purchased and used with permission
- I offer free printables to bless my readers AND to provide for my family. Your frequent visits to my blog & support purchasing through affiliates links and ads keep the lights on so to speak. Thanks you!
>> Number Worksheets <<
You may also like.
Glow-in-the-Dark Fairy Mason Jar Night Lights
Weather Theme Activities for Kids
How to Make Edible Slime with Gummy Bears
FREE Printable Spring Maths Puzzles for Kindergartners
FREE Word Family Board Game
Tooth Fairy Letter and Notes Printables
Cute Toolbox Printable Fathers Day Craft
About the author.
Beth Gorden is the creative multi-tasking creator of 123 Homeschool 4 Me. As a busy homeschooling mother of six, she strives to create hands-on learning activities and worksheets that kids will love to make learning FUN! She has created over 1 million pages of printables to help teach kids ABCs, science, English grammar, history, math, and so much more! Beth is also the creator of 2 additional sites with even more educational activities and FREE printables - www.kindergartenworksheetsandgames.com and www.preschoolplayandlearn.com
I was looking for some math worksheets for my kinders and found these. Thank you soooo much!!
Just what we were looking for, thank you!
So glad we could help!
You are amazing! Thank you so much for the freebies.
Thank you SO much for having these FREE available printables. I love the ones for the numbers 1-20. It’s exactly what I was looking for so my Kindergartener can practice writing them correctly and legibly. It’s hard to adjust to homeschooling with very short notice.
So glad we could help! It gets easier when it is your choice and you’ve planned for it =) We’ve got you covered!
I’ve been looking for something like this so my daughter has extra practice with her numbers. Great worksheets! and I’m loving your webpage!! Free good printable are so hard to find these days, thank you!!
Thank you soo much for worksheets. i am looking for best worksheets and i found in your blog. This is going to help a lot in supporting my daughter’s home practice
Super! thank you so much, it’s really helpful.
Thank you! Really useful (: . I was looking for worksheets exactly like these.
Thank you Beth for sharing your resources!! This is so well put together. God Bless you and your family <3.
Thank you SO much for all these free resources! My oldest 3 are high schoolers and I am starting over with my 4th child just starting school and one more to go after this one. I appreciate the resources and all the work that has gone in to them. Offering resources in other languages is above and beyond. You have your own ministry. I’m glad you do and will continue to share with others your good and faithful work.
Leave a Comment X
Reading & Math for K-5
- Learning numbers
- Comparing numbers
- Place Value
- Roman numerals
- Order of operations
- Drills & practice
- Factoring & prime factors
- Shape & geometry
- Data & graphing
- Word problems
- Children's stories
- Leveled Stories
- Context clues
- Cause & effect
- Compare & contrast
- Fact vs. fiction
- Fact vs. opinion
- Figurative language
- Main idea & details
- Story elements
- Conclusions & inferences
- Sounds & phonics
- Words & vocabulary
- Reading comprehension
- Early writing
- Numbers & counting
- Simple math
- Other activities
- Dolch sight words
- Fry sight words
- Multiple meaning words
- Prefixes & suffixes
- Other parts of speech
- Cursive alphabet
- Cursive letters
- Cursive letter joins
- Cursive words
- Cursive sentences
- Cursive passages
- Grammar & Writing
- Math by topic
Download & Print Only $4.79
Learning about numbers worksheets.
Our learning numbers worksheets introduce kids to recognizing and printing numbers . Numbers in words and ordinal numbers are also introduced, as is the concept of odd and even numbers.
Choose your grade/topic:
Kindergarten learning numbers worksheets, kindergarten odd / even numbers worksheets.
Kindergarten ordinal numbers worksheets
Grade 1 numbers worksheets
Grade 1 number patterns worksheets
- Recognizing numbers from 1-10
- Printing numbers (as numbers and words) 1-20
- Matching numbers to their words
- Coloring by number
- Is the number odd or even?
- Identify even vs. odd numbers
Kindergarten ordinal numbers (1st, 2nd ...) worksheets
- Reading ordinal numbers
- Matching ordinal numbers to their position
- Match ordinal numbers to their words
- Write ordinal numbers in words
- Read the number and circle the correct number of objects
- Count objects and write the number (1-20)
- Number charts
- Even vs. odd numbers (1-20, 1-100, 1-1,000)
Grade 1 number patterns worksheets
- Counting patterns
- Extending number patterns
- Input / output charts
Comparing Numbers Worksheets
Sample Numbers Worksheet
What is K5?
K5 Learning offers free worksheets , flashcards and inexpensive workbooks for kids in kindergarten to grade 5. Become a member to access additional content and skip ads.
Our members helped us give away millions of worksheets last year.
We provide free educational materials to parents and teachers in over 100 countries. If you can, please consider purchasing a membership ($24/year) to support our efforts.
Members skip ads and access exclusive features.
Learn about member benefits
This content is available to members only.
Join K5 to save time, skip ads and access more content. Learn More
- Forgot Password?
Number Names 1 to 20
Number names 1 to 20 represent numbers from 1 to 20 in words. Learning 1 to 20 spellings requires a few tricks and the kids can easily learn them if they are taught these using proper techniques. The set of 1 to 20 spellings is a unique set in which the pattern is not a common one. While the number names from 1 to 10 can be learned easily by children, the set of spellings from eleven to twenty needs a little more attention and time. Let us learn how to write 1 to 20 spellings, the number names from eleven to twenty, and a few tips and tricks to learn 11 to 20 number names.
Number Names 1 to 20 Chart
The number names from 1 to 20 can be learned using the following chart which can help the students read and memorize the 1 to 20 spelling . The list of the number names from eleven to twenty should be given more time because children find the second set of 11 to 20 number names a bit tricky while they usually learn the 1 to 10 number names easily.
1 to 20 Spellings
1 to 20 spellings can be memorized by the kids if they regularly read and write these. Repeating the number names from 1 to 20 aloud can help them retain them. These number names from 1 to 20 are listed in the table given below.
List of Number Names from 1 to 20
☛ download number names 1 to 20 chart.
We have provided a downloadable reference sheet with the above information in an easy-to-print format. Students can practice number names from 1 to 20 for a better understanding of the decimal number system .
Tips on Number Names from Eleven to Twenty
The number names from eleven to twenty are expressed in a little different way. Here are a few tips that can help the children learn the number names from eleven to twenty.
- The eleven to twenty spellings can be taught to kids by splitting each spelling into 2 parts. For example, we know that 11 is written as eleven. So, we can split and make the kids learn it as ELE and VEN. Similarly, 12 is written as twelve. This can be split as TWE and after a pause, LVE.
- The child can be made to read it aloud at least 3 times and then write the spelling to learn it.
- Another way is to let them fill in the blanks for the spellings. For example, a worksheet can be prepared which has questions like these: 11 - E _EVE_. Similarly for 13 - TH_RTE_N. This will help them learn the spellings in a better way.
- Make the students learn just two number names in a day and let them memorize it well before moving ahead.
- Prepare a chart of the number names from 11 to 20 and paste it in front of the child where he usually studies. This will help him/her glance through the spellings more often and will passively be absorbed by the child easily.
The spellings of the number names from eleven to twenty are given below for reference.
- 11 - Eleven
12 - Twelve
13 - Thirteen
- 14 - Fourteen
- 15 - Fifteen
16 - Sixteen
17 - Seventeen
18 - Eighteen
19 - Nineteen
20 - Twenty
☛ Related Links
- Number Names 1 to 10
- Number Names 1 to 30
- Number Names 1 to 40
- Number Names 1 to 50
- Number Names 1 to 100
- Number Names 1 to 1000
Numbers in Words 1 to 20 Examples
Example 1: Write the given number in words: 14
Using the chart of the number names from 1 to 20, we know that 14 is read and written as 'fourteen'.
Answer: 14 = Fourteen
Example 2: Write the numerical form of the given number name : Fifteen
Referring to the chart of 1 to 20 spellings, we can see that Fifteen is the number name of 15.
Answer: Fifteen = 15
Example 3: Using the chart of the number names from 1 to 20, write the spelling of 19.
According to the number names chart, the spelling of 19 is nineteen.
Answer: 19 = Nineteen
go to slide go to slide go to slide
Book a Free Trial Class
FAQs on Number Names 1 to 20
What do number names 1 to 20 mean.
Number names 1 to 20 are the cardinal numbers from 1 to 20 written in their word form. To write 1 to 20 in words , we use the place value ones, tens, hundreds, and thousands. For example, 17 is written as 'seventeen'.
How to Write 1 to 20 Spellings in English?
To make the children write 1 to 20 spellings in English, we can use the following tips:
- Let the children say and write each number along with its number name repeating it loudly at least thrice. For example, make them write 1 - one and make them say it aloud with the letters O - N - E
- Make the children learn 2 number names in a day and let them memorize it well before moving ahead.
- Paste a number names chart of 1 to 20 on a wall where it is always visible. This will help them see the spellings every time when they pass by it. A downloadable and printable chart of number names from 1 to 20 is given above on this page for reference
How to Write 11 to 15 Spellings?
Referring to the chart of number names 1 to 20, the spellings of numbers from 11 to 15 are written in the following way:
- 13 -Thirteen
How to Teach Number Names from Eleven to Twenty?
Number names from Eleven to Twenty can be taught using the following tips.
- Prepare a chart of the number names from 11 to 20 or download it from the chart given above on this page. Paste this chart right in front of the child where he usually studies. This will help him/her glance through the spellings frequently and help him learn these faster.
- The eleven to twenty spellings can be taught to kids by splitting each spelling into 2 parts. For example, we know that 15 is written as fifteen. Here, we can split and make the kids learn it as FIF and TEEN. Similarly, 20 is written as twenty. This can be split as TWE and after a pause, NTY.
- The child can be made to read it aloud and then write the spelling to learn it.
- Another method is to set up a game in which they need to fill in the blanks for the spellings. For example, 12 - TW _LV_. Similarly for 14 - FO_RTE_N.
- Try to make the children learn only two number names in a day. Allow them to be confident of these and then gradually move ahead.
How to Write 11 to 20 Number Names?
The number names from 11 to 20 can be written as follows:
11 - Eleven, 12 - Twelve, 13 - Thirteen, 14 - Fourteen, 15 - Fifteen, 16 - Sixteen, 17 - Seventeen, 18 - Eighteen, 19 - Nineteen, 20 - Twenty
What are One to Twenty Spellings?
One to twenty spellings are the number names of numbers from 1 to 20. When the numbers from 1 to 20 are expressed in words, they are written as follows:
1 - One, 2 - Two, 3 - Three, 4 - Four, 5 - Five, 6 - Six, 7 - Seven, 8 - Eight, 9 - Nine, 10 - Ten, 11 - Eleven, 12 - Twelve, 13 - Thirteen, 14 - Fourteen, 15 - Fifteen, 16 - Sixteen, 17 - Seventeen, 18 - Eighteen, 19 - Nineteen, 20 - Twenty
- Crafts, Hobbies & Home
- Crafts & Hobbies
Buy new: $4.99
Sorry, there was a problem.
Download the free Kindle app and start reading Kindle books instantly on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required . Learn more
Read instantly on your browser with Kindle for Web .
Using your mobile phone camera - scan the code below and download the Kindle app.
Follow the Authors
Learn to Write Numbers 1-20: Children's worksheet for practice writing numbers Paperback – April 5, 2022
- Paperback $4.99 1 New from $4.99
Enhance your purchase
- 8.5 x 11 inches
- Practice writing 1-20, 3 pages each
- Each number comes with an equal number of animals printed to catch your young ones attention
- Ideal size notebook, high quality paper
- Makes a perfect gift
- Print length 61 pages
- Language English
- Publication date April 5, 2022
- Dimensions 8.5 x 0.14 x 11 inches
- ISBN-13 979-8446620951
- See all details
- ASIN : B09XH6QBJS
- Publisher : Independently published (April 5, 2022)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 61 pages
- ISBN-13 : 979-8446620951
- Item Weight : 7.7 ounces
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 0.14 x 11 inches
About the authors
The night owl.
Mathemaniac who loves to design and publish puzzle books. Grew up in a regular family, took a liking to mathematics. Love to create puzzle books and notepads with unique covers in my spare time.
I am dedicated towards creating meaningful books and spread joy in this world. Fun fact: I was banned from my high school library due to excessive reading.
Customer Reviews, including Product Star Ratings help customers to learn more about the product and decide whether it is the right product for them.
To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. It also analyzed reviews to verify trustworthiness.
No customer reviews
- Amazon Newsletter
- About Amazon
- Press Center
- Investor Relations
- Amazon Devices
- Amazon Science
- Sell products on Amazon
- Sell apps on Amazon
- Supply to Amazon
- Protect & Build Your Brand
- Become an Affiliate
- Become a Delivery Driver
- Start a package delivery business
- Advertise Your Products
- Self-Publish with Us
- Host an Amazon Hub
- › See More Ways to Make Money
- Amazon Rewards Visa Signature Cards
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Secured Card
- Amazon Business Card
- Shop with Points
- Credit Card Marketplace
- Reload Your Balance
- Amazon Currency Converter
- Amazon and COVID-19
- Your Account
- Your Orders
- Shipping Rates & Policies
- Amazon Prime
- Returns & Replacements
- Manage Your Content and Devices
- Your Recalls and Product Safety Alerts
- Amazon Assistant
- Conditions of Use
- Privacy Notice
- Your Ads Privacy Choices
Register for free
Learning About Numbers to 20
$ 5.00 Multi-licenses $ 4.00
- Back to School
- Resource Type
- Math Centers
sold by Made by Essakhi
View shop page
This is a wonderful set of 82 printable black and white worksheets to help students learn and practice numbers to 20. These are perfect for pre-k, kindergarten or first grade.
These worksheets include:
KEEP IN TOUCH:
Follow me on Pinterest
By purchasing this resource, you are agreeing that the contents are the property of mustapha essakhi/Made by Essakhi, and licensed to you only for classroom/personal use as a single user unless additional licenses are purchased. ©Copyright 2022 Made by Essakhi. All rights reserved.
From the same author
Summer how many? Count and write worksheets, Numbers 1-20 (Color)
by Made by Essakhi
These 4 worksheets will help students learn to count numbers from 1-20 (one to twenty) by counting the fun summer pictures and write the correct number in the box. …
How Many? Count and write worksheets, Numbers 11-20 (B&W)
These 4 worksheets will help students learn to count numbers from 11 to 20 (Eleven to twenty) by counting the fun objects and writing the correct number in the box.…
- Special Education
Number Flash Cards 0-100 (Color)
Number Flash Cards 0-100 Zero to one hundred (Color) This is a wonderful set of 101 flash cards (6 cards per page) to use with students to work on…
Flash Cards Bundle | Numbers, Alphabet, 2D & 3D Shapes (B&W)
Flash Cards Bundle | Numbers, Alphabet, 2D and 3D Shapes (Black and white)Our black and white flash cards are now available at a discount as a Bundle (30% off)This bundle…
- Language Arts
How Many? Numbers 11-20 | Count and write worksheets (Color)
These 6 worksheets will help students learn to count numbers from 11 to 20 (Eleven to twenty) by counting the fun objects and writing the correct number in the box.How…
Back to school counting clip cards 1-10 (10 task cards)
These counting clip cards will help students learn to count numbers 1-10 (one to ten) Students will count the school objects and use a clothespin to clip the correct…
- English Skills
- Basic Pronunciation
- Basic Vocabulary
- Step By Step Guide
- Exam Techniques
- eJOY Discovery
- Learner’s Stories
- eJOY | English Learning Blog
- eJOY Extension
New Feature on eJOY EPIC: The integration of ChatGPT
Personal feelings – Intermediate 1 – Speaking session 2
Business Meeting – Intermediate – Speaking session 01
Speaking Topic 8 – Work
Why the IPA is different in some dictionaries and what to…
6 Website Tự Học Digital Marketing Online Cho Người Mới Bắt…
Top 15 Must-watch English Movies for Beginners
For Kids: Learn English through Film with 11 Famous Cartoon Movies
Speaking Topic 10 – Shopping
Speaking Topic 9 – Music
Speaking Topic 1 – Family
Speaking Topic 2 – Friends
An easy way to look up phrases
Academic Content Producer Recruitment
Customer Appreciation Program For eJOY’s Users
English Numbers 1-20: How To Learn Easily
Numbers are so important. So let’s start learning English numbers 1-20 now!
Tips for learning English numbers 1-20
Learning English numbers and counting will be much easier if you can remember some of these tips:
- For 1 – 13: You need to remember them because sadly, there is no rule. Be patient and start learning them step by step:
11 = eleven
12 = twelve
13 = thirteen
- For number 14 – 20: Add ‘-teen’ after the number that is not number 1
Example: 14 = four + teen = fourteen
16 = six + teen = sixteen
The only exception is 15 [fifteen]
So we have:
14 = fourteen
15 = fifteen
16 = sixteen
17 = seventeen
18 = eighteen
19 = nineteen
Finally, the last number for today is 20 – twenty .
To make it easy for you to remember and speak, let’s sing along this counting song (1 – 20).
- Speak out English numbers 1 – 20
- Answer these questions in this comment below
A quick tip: if you’re looking for a better way to boost your English, eJOY Epic is a great app for that with step-by-step courses generated from authentic videos in movies and TV shows.
Learn English with eJOY Epic now
- Math Article
- Number Names 1 To 20
Number Names 1 to 20
Number names 1 to 20 in Maths represents numbers 1 to 20 in word format. For example, the number 7 is written as seven, and the number 11 is written as eleven, and so on. The number names from 1 to 20 are written using place values such as ones, tens, hundreds, etc. Here, we will learn the number names from 1 to 20, the rules for writing number names from 1 to 20, and various solved problems.
Number Names 1 to 20 Chart
Number names 1 to 20 chart is provided here for kids to learn 1 to 20 spelling in English.
Numbers from 1 to 20 in Words
Number names from 1 to 20 are listed in tabular form. Look at the table below to quickly learn the number names from 1 to 20.
Rules to Write Number Names 1 to 20
The rules for writing numbers in words from 1 to 20 are as follows:
- To begin, learn the names of the numbers from 1 to 9. i.e., One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, and nine.
- Learn the names of the numbers 10 and 11. i.e., ten and eleven.
- To write the number from 12 to 19, add the suffix “teen” to the numbers in words from two to nine. For example, the number 16 is written as sixteen. i.e., six+teen = sixteen.
- Finally, for the number 20, add the suffix “ty” to the number name. i.e., 20 = twenty [Note: for counts in tens from 20 to 90, the number names always end in “ty”].
Number Names 1 to 20 Examples
Write the number name for the following numbers:
The number names are:
- 6 – Six
- 11 – Eleven
- 19 – Nineteen.
What is the value of eight plus four?
Eight plus four = 8+4 = 12
So, 12 in words is twelve
Therefore, the value of eight plus four is twelve.
Number Names 1 to 20 Worksheet
1. Write the number names for the following numbers:
(a) 4 = ____
(b) 10 = ____
(c) 14 = ____
2. What is the value of nineteen minus nine?
To learn more Maths concepts, stay tuned to BYJU’S – The Learning App, and download the app today!
Frequently Asked Questions on Number Names 1 to 20
What is meant by the number names 1 to 20 in maths.
The number names 1 to 20 represent the numeral 1 to 20 in word format.
Write the number names from 1 to 20.
The number names from 1 to 20 are as follows: 1 – one, 2 – two, 3 – three, 4 – four, 5 – five, 6 – six, 7 – seven, 8 – eight, 9 – nine, 10 – ten, 11 – eleven, 12 – twelve, 13 – thirteen, 14 – fourteen, 15 – fifteen, 16 – sixteen, 17 – seventeen, 18 – eighteen, 19 – nineteen, 20 – twenty.
Express the value of 10+9 in words.
The value of 10+9 is 19. Thus, the number 19 in words is nineteen.
Leave a Comment Cancel reply
Your Mobile number and Email id will not be published. Required fields are marked *
Request OTP on Voice Call
- Share Share
Register with BYJU'S & Download Free PDFs
We're sorry, this computer has been flagged for suspicious activity.
If you are a member, we ask that you confirm your identity by entering in your email.
You will then be sent a link via email to verify your account.
If you are not a member or are having any other problems, please contact customer support.
Thank you for your cooperation
Writing Numbers 1-20 Printables
Can I learn writing number 1-20 with a song?
Learning writing numbers is not only with paper and other writing tools. The brain always finds a way to remember and understand the information received while getting stimulated from the activities carried out by someone. So, in case writing numbers 1-20, which is clear that it has many values that must be understood and remembered, the method of using songs is one of the newest and interesting innovations to use. With songs, when they are working on, it will be easier for children to remember what they are listening to and what they are writing.
Can I do writing numbers 1-20 without paper?
Writing is often associated with paper. because the most suitable platform for writing is paper. apart from paper, there are several other platform choices such as walls, chalkboards and anything that consists of flat materials. In writing numbers 1-20, you also need these materials. Not only with paper, if people around you support providing the platform, then there is no problem right? You just need to practice writing there. However, it is usually done by people who are new to numbers, it will be more comfortable to use paper.
Can my kids become creative when writing 1-20?
Being creative can be defined as when someone manages to respond to what is around and makes different from before. When doing writing numbers 1-20, children tend to follow what has been ordered. But when you give freedom for them to carry out their activities at the same time as learning, that creativity will emerge. And it is very likely that you will be surprised by the ideas that children have. This is also influenced by factors in the minds of children who do not have much consideration so that their ideas are limitless.
We also have more printable number you may like: Printable Color By Number For Adults Printable Number Grid 1-100 Number Sheets 1 To 100 Printable
Are numbers tracing kind of writings?
One technique that is invented when studying writings is tracing. Not only in the alphabet but also numbers can be done using this technique. Because it has been proven successful since the beginning, tracing has become a part of lessons in schools, especially at the preschool and kindergarten levels. By tracing, the writing process becomes easier before it becomes accustomed to writing, holding stationery, and others. Not only on paper, but tracing can also be done by using several digital applications in the store on your device.
More printable images tagged with:
Printable Number Line 1 10
Printable Bingo Numbers 1 75
Printable Block Numbers 1 10
Printable Deer Paint By Number
Number Lines 0 20 Printable
Hundreds Number Line Printable
Find free printable content.
- Arts & Music
- English Language Arts
- World Language
- Social Studies - History
- Holidays / Seasonal
- Independent Work Packet
- Easel by TPT
- Google Apps
Interactive resources you can assign in your digital classroom from TPT.
Unlock access to 4 million resources — at no cost to you — with a school-funded subscription., number writing 1-20.
Questions & answers, kinder kidz.
TPT empowers educators to teach at their best.
- We're Hiring
- Help & FAQ
- Terms of Service
- Trademark & Copyright
Keep in Touch!
Are you getting the free resources, updates, and special offers we send out every week in our teacher newsletter?
A big guide to English numbers: Writing, spelling, ordinal and more
When we start learning a language, we’re first introduced to its fundamentals: the alphabet , some basic vocabulary, and numbers.
And while our primary goal is to communicate in the language we’re learning , we tend to focus on learning tons of new words and mastering the grammar. Yet, we often leave the numbers forgotten somewhere in the depths of our memory.
However, numbers are an essential part of our everyday life. Knowing them enables you to tell the time, buy groceries, and talk about historical events.
So, in this article, we’ll stop delaying the inevitable and learn how to count to 1000 in the English language . Plus, we’ll cover the English numbers spelling, the pronunciation, and the different ways to use those numbers, from fractions to percentages and decimals.
Ready? Steady? Go!
Why learn English numbers?
Can you imagine a society that functions without numbers? We certainly can’t. Numbers are everywhere and are connected to everything we do.
Numbers are a part of everything from telling the time , buying groceries to distance, dates, and general conversation. They’re part of science, technology, and thus humanity and life. Let’s look at some of the main reasons why you should learn all about numerals.
Understanding dates and time
Knowing numbers is essential when scheduling business meetings, going out with friends or catching a plane. If you don’t know them, you might easily get confused when it comes to the dates and times of your business meetings, train departures, or your friend’s birthday party.
You certainly don’t want to miss any of these important events simply because you didn’t study the numbers!
If you don’t know the cost of what you’re buying, you can easily spend more money than you intended. Although you can see the price of every item in the supermarket, you need to ask for it in some places.
Knowing English numerals will help you understand the prices while shopping in local markets, second-hand shops, or negotiating the cost of the product or service you want to purchase.
Understanding phone numbers
Phones are an intrinsic part of our everyday life, and so are phone numbers. We need them to make new friends, ask that cute girl or guy out, make restaurant reservations, and call important organizations or departments. If you don’t understand English numbers, you’ll easily write down the wrong phone number. This can make you miss out on new friendships, fun dates, and complicate dealing with important matters.
Learn English numbers, spelling, and pronunciation
In order to count in English, you first need to learn the numbers from 1 to 20. Once you learn the spelling and pronunciation of these numbers, it’ll help you easily count to 1000. However, learning the first 20 numbers in any language is always the hardest.
Below, we’ll give you the spelling and phonetic pronunciation of each number. Pay attention to each sound, as later on, you’ll need to put them together to form higher numbers. So, let’s break it down!
Tones for numbers 1-10 are simple.
However, those for 11-20 are harder because they're compound tones. It means that there are multiple sounds involved in pronouncing them. For example, to pronounce 11, you’ll say “ee-LEH-vihn.”
Check out the table below for more sounds.
When a number contains tens and ones, don’t pause between the two words. For example, the number 23 is pronounced as "twenty-three."
Let us look at how numbers 100 - 1000 are pronounced.
How to put it all together
Let’s look at an example of a number such as four hundred fifty-five (455).
You pronounce 455 by joining four hundred (fohr-HUN-dʒrih[d]) + fifty (FIHF-dee) + five (faiv) = four hundred fifty-five (fohr-HUN-dʒrihd FIHF-dee-faiv).
Combining numbers in English may seem complex. However, once you understand the logic behind it, it becomes easier. For example, a number such as 999 is a combination of 900 + 90 + 9, so nine hundred (nain-HUN-dʒrih[d]) + ninety (nain-dee) + nine (NAIN).
Ordinal numbers in English
English has both cardinal numbers and ordinal numbers. Cardinal numbers describe quantity (one, two, three, etc.), and ordinal numbers describe position or rank in sequential order (first, second, third, etc.). More specifically, we use ordinal numbers when talking about order or placement in a sequence or series.
We use the suffix -th to form most ordinal numbers, such as fourth, fifth, or tenth. The ordinal numbers for one (first), two (second), and three (third) are exceptions.
English ordinal numbers from 21 - 99
English ordinal numbers from 21 to 99 and beyond are formed by a cardinal number for the tens and an ordinal number for the ones.
So, for example, the ordinal number for twenty-five (25) is twenty-fifth (25th). You must use a hyphen.
English ordinal numbers from 100 - 1000
Ordinals for numbers from 100 to 1000 are formed by adding the suffix -th to the word “hundred.” Let’s take a look:
So, how do we use English ordinal numbers in practice? Let’s take a look at a few examples:
- I was third in the queue.
- He won his fifth football game in a row.
- This is my grandparents’ twentieth wedding anniversary.
How to say decimal numbers
Decimals are numbers with decimal points - in other words, numbers that aren't whole, such as 0.00201, 0.03, 0.75, or 3.14159. Decimal numbers are spoken by listing each individual digit:
- 0.00201 = zero point zero zero two zero one
- 0.03 = zero point zero three
- 0.75 = zero point seven five (in this case, you can also say “zero point seventy-five”)
- 3.14159 = three point one four one five nine
The zero before the point can sometimes be omitted. So instead of saying “zero point zero three” (0.03), you can say “point zero three.”
So, how do we use decimal numbers in a sentence? Let’s see a few examples:
- Over the last week, there was a 0.03% (zero point zero three percent) rise in gasoline prices.
- The distance is 0.75 (zero point seventy-five) miles.
How do you read sums of money in different currencies?
If the decimal refers to sums of money, it’ll be pronounced differently. So, for example, $9.99 will be pronounced as “nine, ninety-nine” instead of “nine point nine nine.” This is because it’s a shortcut that stands for nine dollars and ninety-nine cents.
In a sentence, it’d look like this:
- A gallon of milk costs $3.88 (three, eighty-eight, or three dollars and eighty-eight cents).
- Today, one euro can give you $1.11 (one dollar and eleven cents).
Fractions in English
To form a fraction in English, write the numerator (the number on top of the fraction), followed by the denominator (the number on the bottom).
To pronounce English fractions, first, say the numerator as a cardinal number. Then, say the denominator as an ordinal number. For example:
- 1/2 = one half (this is an exception, and we don't say "one second")
- 1/3 = one third
- 1/4 = one fourth, or one quarter
If the numerator is more than one, the denominator will be pronounced like a plural ordinal number. For example, 2/3 = two thirds or 2/5 = two fifths.
Fractions are very useful in our everyday life. We use them to describe a part of something, for example,
- I ate half the pack of cookies yesterday!
- There’s still three-quarters of my birthday cake left.
- He already drank two-thirds of the Coca-Cola bottle.
Measurements in English
Measurements in English follow either a metric or an imperial system. For example, the US uses the imperial system and measures temperature in Fahrenheit instead of Celsius.
Here are some common measurements in English with their symbols:
- millimetre (mm)
- centimetre (cm)
- kilometre (km)
- kilogram (kg)
To pronounce measurements, use cardinal numbers. Take a look at the following table.
Let’s see how to use the English measurements in sentences:
- The distance between New York and San Francisco is 4129.06km (four thousand hundred twenty-nine point zero six kilometers).
- I used to weigh 88kg (eighty-eight kilograms).
- She lost over 20lb (twenty pounds) for her wedding day.
Percentages in English
We use percentages to describe parts of a whole. For example, if we say that our pizza is 50% cheese, that means that half of the pizza is cheese. We also use percentages to compare one thing to another. For example, if we say that our pizza is 50% cheaper than the competition, we are comparing our price to the price of other pizzas.
So, how do you pronounce percentages? Just say the number and add the word “percent” after it! Take a look at the examples:
Here’s how to use percentages in real-life sentences:
- 45% of people have blue eyes.
- 95% of the world's population aren’t English native speakers.
- The enrollment rate was just 15%.
English numbers songs
The following are different numbers songs that learners can use to learn how to count in English and remember all the numbers, great for both kids and adults (hey, a catchy tune is a catchy tune!):
Number songs 1-10
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 once i caught a fish alive by nursery rhymes and kids songs.
Numbers songs 1-20 - Twenty Green Bottles
And if you want to go even further, 100, 500, even 1000? You can use these songs to count up and down to as many bottles as you desire by switching the words, for example:
A thousand green bottles Hanging on the wall A thousand green bottles Hanging on the wall And if one green bottle Should accidentally fall There'll be nine hundred ninety-nine green bottles Hanging on the wall
Please have an extra round of applause from us if you go for the big numbers - that's commitment.
FAQs for the English numbers
What is the origin of the English numbers?
The numbers 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 are called Arabic or Hindu-Arabic numerals since they were invented by mathematicians in 5th century India. They were called Arabic numerals by Europeans.
Before Europeans adopted the Arabic numerals around the 15th century, they used the Roman numerals.
I'm a beginner! What are some activities I can use to practice saying numbers in English?
Here are some fun ways to practice numbers in English:
- Memory cards game: Write the digit on one side and the corresponding word on the other. Then lay out the cards with the digit facing up. So you’ll say the number out loud, then flip it to see if you’re right.
- Newspaper number hunt: When reading a newspaper, highlight any number you come across and say it out loud. Then confirm if you’re right.
- My Timeline: Create a timeline of the significant events in your life on a long paper roll. You could use photos or illustrations to mark the occasions. Then instead of writing the years in numerals (e.g., 2021), write them in words (e.g., Two thousand twenty-one).
What are the English numbers used for?
English numbers are mainly used to count people, money, and objects. They’re also used to tell the time, phone numbers, addresses, and dates.
Dial up the fun with these tips to learn English numbers
When you make learning fun, you’ll be more motivated to learn - and your new knowledge will stick in your brain more easily. Here are some tips for learning the numbers with a little joy:
1. Get a calendar
Having a calendar in the house can be helpful as you can mark off the numerical dates of the month in English.
2. Play games
You can play Battleship, Scrabble, and crossword puzzles using numbers for example. Using an English pack of playing cards will train your brain to identify numbers more easily. Be creative! The world is your oyster.
3. Practice with flashcards
Flashcards are a fun way of testing yourself and improving your knowledge of new vocabulary – ideal for learning numbers in English!
Make sure each flashcard has one number on one side and the written number on the other side (for example, 5 = five). To use them, hold up a card, read the number out loud, try to say the word in English, then check if you’re correct by looking at the answer written on the opposite side of the card.
Numbers are one of the basic building blocks of language, and they’re necessary in our everyday life, whether you’re buying groceries or waiting at a bank. Learning them is essential!
Ten to one, you’ll master English numbers in no time if you follow the tips provided in this guide and practice, practice, practice!
So what are you waiting for? Start counting!
Loved this article? Explore more English vocabulary fun on our English blog.
February 25, 2022
How to say 93 body part names in English (+ related fun idioms)
February 23, 2022
An essential, instructive guide on how to tell the time in English
February 04, 2022
A quick and easy beginner's guide to the months of the year in English
1-866-423-7548, find out more.
Fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to discuss your learning options and answer any questions you may have.
These free worksheets help kids learn to recognize, read and write numbers from 1-20. Learn the numbers from one to ten Numbers in sequence (tracing 1-10) Numbers in sequence (writing 1-10) Sequences 1-10 with counts Count & color Color by number Print the numbers (1-20) Numbers & number words Match numbers to their words
Free Printable 1-20 Numbers Tracing Make sure to download your copy of these free printable numbers tracing worksheets. Each sheet has numbers from 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and 16-20 These are divided into smaller numbers so that your little one does not feel overwhelmed with too many numbers on one sheet. Related: Free Printable Wall Art for Kids Room
Give your students the number writing practice they need to writing numbers 1-20 with these free printable number writing practice 1-20. This practice writing numbers activity is perfect for preschool, pre-k, kindergarten, and first grader students. Simply print the pdf file with the writing numbers worksheet 1-20 and you are ready to practice.
Grade 1 numbers worksheets Read the number and circle the correct number of objects Count objects and write the number (1-20) Number charts Even vs. odd numbers (1-20, 1-100, 1-1,000) Grade 1 number patterns worksheets Counting patterns Extending number patterns Input / output charts Related topics Counting Worksheets Comparing Numbers Worksheets
DH Kids. 4.7. (21) $3.25. PDF. Number Worksheets - Numbers 1-20 - Trace, write and identifyThis is a series of number worksheets to help students work with numbers 1-20. There are 20 worksheets, each one focused on a single number. For each number students trace, write and identify it. Here is a similar product:Number Worksheets - Numbers 1-20 ...
To make the children write 1 to 20 spellings in English, we can use the following tips: Let the children say and write each number along with its number name repeating it loudly at least thrice. For example, make them write 1 - one and make them say it aloud with the letters O - N - E
These number worksheets follow a basic format and are perfect for students to begin learning how to trace, count, and recognize numbers 1-20 and 1-99, in an engaging way.This bundle includes:Trace the numbers 1-99Recognize numbers (Number finds 1-99)Count the numbers and do the math for 1-99This number tracing activity is a great follow-up to all …
Learn to Write Numbers 1-20: Children's worksheet for practice writing numbers Paperback - April 5, 2022 by Seriozha Robinson (Author), The Night Owl (Author) Paperback $4.99 2 New from $4.99 Practice makes Perfect. Worksheet for your kids to practice writing numbers 1-20. 8.5 x 11 inches Practice writing 1-20, 3 pages each
Numbers 1 - 20 | How to Learn and Write Numbers For Kids | Spelling of Numbers in English | Shivi TV #learncounting #writeconting #learnnumbers #numbersforkids Subscribe now for new...
Save The Numbers | Write Numbers 1 to 20 - Learn to Count & Trace Numbers for Kids! Noor Learning 45.3K subscribers Subscribe 31K 12M views 1 year ago الدراسة عن بعد | تعليم...
This set includes pages for writing numbers to 100. There are pages for 1-10, 1-20, 1-50 and 1-100. It also includes tracing pages for 1-10 and 1-20. Some students still need the structure/guidance of lines, while others have transitioned. I have created all sets to include both with and without printing lines.
Counting to 20: Cut and paste in the correct number order. (1 worksheet) Trace & Count the Numbers: Students will learn to trace, write and count numbers from 0 to 20. (21 worksheets) Color by Number: numbers 0-20 (4 worksheets) Number Sorting: Numbers 1-20 - Count, Cut and sort the pictures. (4 worksheets) Counting Crayon Teeth: Count the ...
Tips for learning English numbers 1-20. Learning English numbers and counting will be much easier if you can remember some of these tips: For 1 - 13: You need to remember them because sadly, there is no rule. Be patient and start learning them step by step: 1 = one. 2 = two. 3 = three. 4 = four.
The rules for writing numbers in words from 1 to 20 are as follows: To begin, learn the names of the numbers from 1 to 9. i.e., One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, and nine. Learn the names of the numbers 10 and 11. i.e., ten and eleven. To write the number from 12 to 19, add the suffix "teen" to the numbers in words from two to nine.
Counting the numbers from 1 to 20 can be done in several different ways. In this lesson, you will learn several ways to count: counting by adding one, counting with a number line, counting with ...
When doing writing numbers 1-20, children tend to follow what has been ordered. But when you give freedom for them to carry out their activities at the same time as learning, that creativity will emerge. And it is very likely that you will be surprised by the ideas that children have.
Trace and write numbers 1-20. This practice page will allow for children to trace the number and then write the number. Lined paper is marked with the "sky" and "ground" so students will use the lines correctly when forming numbers. Common Core Kindergarten Standard K.CC.3. Write numbers from 0 to ...
However, learning the first 20 numbers in any language is always the hardest. Below, we'll give you the spelling and phonetic pronunciation of each number. Pay attention to each sound, as later on, you'll need to put them together to form higher numbers. So, let's break it down! 1 - 20. Tones for numbers 1-10 are simple. However, those ...