- Solve equations and inequalities
- Simplify expressions
- Factor polynomials
- Graph equations and inequalities
- Advanced solvers
- All solvers
- Scientific Notation
What can QuickMath do?
QuickMath will automatically answer the most common problems in algebra, equations and calculus faced by high-school and college students.
- The algebra section allows you to expand, factor or simplify virtually any expression you choose. It also has commands for splitting fractions into partial fractions, combining several fractions into one and cancelling common factors within a fraction.
- The equations section lets you solve an equation or system of equations. You can usually find the exact answer or, if necessary, a numerical answer to almost any accuracy you require.
- The inequalities section lets you solve an inequality or a system of inequalities for a single variable. You can also plot inequalities in two variables.
- The calculus section will carry out differentiation as well as definite and indefinite integration.
- The matrices section contains commands for the arithmetic manipulation of matrices.
- The graphs section contains commands for plotting equations and inequalities.
- The numbers section has a percentages command for explaining the most common types of percentage problems and a section for dealing with scientific notation.
- Add Fractions
- Simplify Fractions
Get step-by-step solutions to your math problems
Try Math Solver
Get step-by-step explanations
Graph your math problems
Practice, practice, practice
Get math help in your language
- For a new problem, you will need to begin a new live expert session.
- You can contact support with any questions regarding your current subscription.
- You will be able to enter math problems once our session is over.
- I am only able to help with one math problem per session. Which problem would you like to work on?
- Does that make sense?
- I am currently working on this problem.
- Are you still there?
- It appears we may have a connection issue. I will end the session - please reconnect if you still need assistance.
- Let me take a look...
- Can you please send an image of the problem you are seeing in your book or homework?
- If you click on "Tap to view steps..." you will see the steps are now numbered. Which step # do you have a question on?
- Please make sure you are in the correct subject. To change subjects, please exit out of this live expert session and select the appropriate subject from the menu located in the upper left corner of the Mathway screen.
- What are you trying to do with this input?
- While we cover a very wide range of problems, we are currently unable to assist with this specific problem. I spoke with my team and we will make note of this for future training. Is there a different problem you would like further assistance with?
- Mathway currently does not support this subject. We are more than happy to answer any math specific question you may have about this problem.
- Mathway currently does not support Ask an Expert Live in Chemistry. If this is what you were looking for, please contact support.
- Mathway currently only computes linear regressions.
- We are here to assist you with your math questions. You will need to get assistance from your school if you are having problems entering the answers into your online assignment.
- Phone support is available Monday-Friday, 9:00AM-10:00PM ET. You may speak with a member of our customer support team by calling 1-800-876-1799.
- Have a great day!
- Hope that helps!
- You're welcome!
Please ensure that your password is at least 8 characters and contains each of the following:
- a special character: @$#!%*?&
- Jan 31, 2021
8 Free Math Problem Solving Websites and Applications
Updated: Oct 26, 2022
Mathematics is a skill-based subject; therefore, it requires a lot of practice to not only clarify your concepts but also to master them. Did you ever encounter a complex math problem and did not know how to solve it? If yes, then you are not alone. We all sometimes spend hours to determine the right solution to a specific problem or learn a new concept. Sometimes, we even think that we have reached a dead end and we cannot move forward without consulting an expert.
What if you don’t need any math tutor or expert to solve problems for you or give you a detailed explanation for your better comprehension? Well, you may be thinking that this would be amazing. The good news is that it is now possible with online math problem solvers and smartphone applications. Whether you are a teacher or a student, now you can avail online math problem-solving websites and smartphone applications to determine the step-by-step answer to a complex problem. Teachers can even use these tools to develop math quizzes.
In this article, we have compiled a list of these websites that will help you to figure out the solution to any math problem.
It is a smart math problem solver which gives you a step-by-step solution to any math problem. Just type your question and press enter to reveal a detailed answer to your math problem.
It is a smartphone application which is also known as a camera calculator. All you have to do is take a picture of a math problem and upload it. This math app will scan the problem, solve it, and will display a detailed solution on your screen.
3. Microsoft Math Solver
From algebra and trigonometry to statistics and calculus, Microsoft math solver provides you a free platform where you can not only get detailed solutions to your questions, but also other supporting materials such as interactive graphs, relevant practice problems, and online videos.
Cymath is a free application that gives a step-by-step solution to any math problem. This app does not give you the final answer only, rather the whole solution is broken down into steps for your understanding.
This math application that allows you to take a picture of a math problem, solves it intuitively, and displays answer on the screen. This app provides solutions to many math problems ranging from algebra to calculus. The best thing about this app is that it can recognize handwritten math problems too. Isn’t that cool?
Quick math provides quick solutions to students for all types of math problems, whether they are related to algebra, calculus, or matrices.
Symbolab is another amazing online website that gives you detailed solutions for any math problem related to algebra, trigonometry, and calculus.
8. Chegg Math Solver
It gives you full-time access to an online calculator or math solver where you can type any math question and get a detailed explanation along with the final answer.
- Feb 7, 2020
11 Activities That Promote Critical Thinking In The Class
Mathway’s Free Math Solver
I must say that there is no alternative to paying attention in class, writing down notes, studying at home, and doing a lot of independent practice using pencil and paper. However, there are times when a teacher or tutor is not available to help you solve a math problem. This can be frustrating at times. But, don’t worry. Mathway can be that extra “eye” to help double-check your work. Whether it’s math homework in pre-algebra, algebra, geometry, trigonometry, precalculus, statistics, or calculus, this is the tool for you. Heck, you can even just use it as a regular arithmetic calculator! Moreover, you can also use this as a graphing utility to graph any functions such as linear, quadratic, trigonometric functions, etc. To be honest, I start wondering what this math solver cannot do!
Mathway’s math problem solver is an excellent tool to check your work for free. Just type in the math problem into the interactive calculator using its prescribed syntax, and it will give you the correct answer. It’s like having a private tutor 24/7/365 with you at all times!
Note: If you want more help, and therefore, would want to see how Mathway solves the problem step by step, you can click “Tap to view steps…” to redirect you to the developer’s website for a modest subscription fee which in return, I will receive some monetary compensation .
However, if what you need is to simply check if you arrived at the correct answer and not necessarily detailed step-by-step answers, then the widget should be sufficient for you.
Unit Conversion Calculator
Basic Math Calculator
- Pre-Algebra Calculator
Trigonometry calculator, precalculus calculator, calculus calculator, statistics calculator.
QuickMath allows students to get instant solutions to all kinds of math problems, from algebra and equation solving right through to calculus and matrices.
Online math solver with free step by step solutions to algebra, calculus, and other math problems. Get help on the web or with our math app.
Free math problem solver answers your algebra homework questions with step-by-step explanations.
8 Free Math Problem Solving Websites and Applications · 1. Mathway · 2. Photomath · 3. Microsoft Math Solver · 4. Cymath · 5. Snapcalc · 6. QuickMath.
Symbolab: equation search and math solver - solves algebra, trigonometry and calculus problems step by step.
Solve your math problems online. The free version gives you just answers. If you would like to see complete solutions you have to sign up for an account.
Enter problem or choose topic.
Mathway's math problem solver is an excellent tool to check your work for free. Just type in the math problem into the interactive calculator using its
Free online calculators that answer your homework questions with step-by-step explanations. We have calculators for trigonometry, algebra, precalculus
Photomath is the world's most useful math learning platform, with millions of learners of all levels checking homework, studying for tests, and