Case Study Youtube
Uploaded by, document information, original title, available formats, share this document, share or embed document, sharing options.
- Share on Facebook, opens a new window Facebook
- Share on Twitter, opens a new window Twitter
- Share on LinkedIn, opens a new window LinkedIn
- Share with Email, opens mail client Email
- Copy Link Copy Link
Did you find this document useful?
Is this content inappropriate, original title:.
Reward Your Curiosity
- Share on Facebook, opens a new window
- Share on Twitter, opens a new window
- Share on LinkedIn, opens a new window
- Share with Email, opens mail client
Activate your 30 day free trial to unlock unlimited reading.
Case study - YouTube
You are reading a preview.
Activate your 30 day free trial to continue reading.
Check these out next
Download to read offline
A case study of the company 'YouTube as research for my A2 music video production.
More Related Content
Slideshows for you (20).
Viewers also liked (8)
Similar to Case study - YouTube (20)
More from emmaspyramediastudies (6)
Recently uploaded (20)
- 1. • YouTube is a video-sharing website headquartered in California. The service was created by three former PayPal employees in February 2005 and has been owned by Google since late. The site allows users to upload, view, and share videos. Available content includes video clips, TV clips, music videos, and other content such as video blogging, short films, and educational videos. • Most of the content on YouTube has been uploaded by individuals, but media corporations including CBS, the BBC, Vevo and other organizations showcase some of their content via YouTube. Unregistered users can watch videos, and registered users can upload videos to their channels, like/dislike and favourite others videos. Videos considered to contain potentially offensive content are available only to registered users affirming themselves to be at least 18 years old. What is YouTube?
- 2. • YouTube was founded by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim, who were all early employees of PayPal. According to a story that has often been repeated in the media, Hurley and Chen developed the idea for YouTube during the early months of 2005, after they had experienced difficulty sharing videos. YouTube began as a venture-funded technology startup, primarily from a $11.5 million investment by Sequoia Capital. The domain name www.youtube.com was activated on February 14, 2005, and the website was developed over the subsequent months. YouTube offered the public a beta test of the site in May 2005, six months before the official launch in November 2005. The site grew rapidly, and in July 2006 the company announced that more than 65,000 new videos were being uploaded every day, and that the site was receiving 100 million video views per day. YouTube – early days.
- 3. A brief overview of YouTube:
- 4. Playback Viewing YouTube videos on a personal computer needs the Adobe Flash Player plug-in to be installed on the browser. Uploading All YouTube users can upload videos up to 15 minutes each in duration. Users who have a good track record of complying with the site's Community Guidelines may be offered the ability to upload videos up to 12 hours in length, which requires verifying the account, normally through a mobile phone. When YouTube was launched in 2005, it was possible to upload long videos, but a ten-minute limit was introduced in March 2006 after YouTube found that the majority of videos exceeding this length were unauthorized uploads of television shows and films. The 10-minute limit was increased to 15 minutes in July 2010. If an up-to-date browser version is used, videos greater than 20 GB can now be uploaded. YouTube accepts videos uploaded in most container formats, including .AVI, .MKV, .MOV, .MP4, DivX, .FLV, and .ogg and .ogv. These include video formats such as MPEG-4, MPEG, VOB, and .WMV. It also supports 3GP, allowing videos to be uploaded from mobile phones. Videos with progressive scanning or interlaced scanning can be uploaded, but for the best video quality, YouTube suggests interlaced videos be deinterlaced before uploading. All the video formats on YouTube use progressive scanning. Quality YouTube originally offered videos at only one quality level, displayed at a resolution of 320x240 pixels. In June 2007, YouTube added an option to watch videos in 3GP format on mobile phones. Then in March 2008, a high quality mode was added, which increased the resolution to 480x360 pixels. In November 2008, 720p HD support was added. At the time of the 720p launch, the YouTube player was changed from a 4:3 aspect ratio to a widescreen 16:9. and in November 2009, 1080p HD support was added Features of YouTube.
- 5. All of the following were debuted on April 1st since 2008 as part of ‘April Fools’: • 2008: All the links to the videos on the main page were redirected to Rick Astley's music video "Never Gonna Give You Up", a prank known as "Rickrolling". • 2009: When clicking on a video on the main page, the whole page turned upside down. YouTube claimed that this was a new layout. • 2010: YouTube temporarily released a "TEXTp" mode, which translated the colors in the videos to random upper case letters. YouTube claimed in a message that this was done in order to reduce bandwidth costs by $1 per second. • 2011: The site celebrated its "100th anniversary" with a "1911 button" and a range of sepia-toned silent, early 1900s-style films, including "Flugelhorn Feline", a parody of Keyboard Cat. • 2012: Clicking on the image of a DVD next to the site logo led to a video about "The YouTube Collection", an option to order every YouTube video for home delivery on DVD, videocassette, Laserdisc, or Betamax tapes. The spoof promotional video promised "It's the complete YouTube experience completely offline." • 2013: YouTube teamed up with newspaper satire company The Onion to claim that the video sharing website was launched as a contest which had finally come to an end, and would announce a winner of the contest when the site went back up in 2023. A video of two presenters announcing the nominees streamed live for twelve hours. • 2014: YouTube announced that it was starting viral video trends, and users were allowed to submit ideas for trends or memes. Some of the trends included "Clocking", "Kissing Dad", and "Glub Glub Water Dance". Publicity stunts.
- 6. • YouTube has a set of community guidelines aimed to reduce abuse of the site's features. Generally prohibited material includes sexually explicit content, videos of animal abuse, shock videos, content uploaded without the copyright holder's consent, hate speech, spam, and predatory behaviour. Despite the guidelines, YouTube has faced criticism from news sources for content in violation of these guidelines. • At the time of uploading a video, YouTube users are shown a message asking them not to violate copyright laws. Despite this advice, there are still many unauthorized clips of copyrighted material on YouTube. YouTube does not view videos before they are posted online, and it is left to copyright holders to issue a DMCA takedown notice pursuant to the terms of the Online Copyright Infringement Liability Limitation Act. Three successful complaints for copyright infringement against a user account will result in the account and all of its uploaded videos being deleted. YouTube policy/copyright
- 7. • In November 2013, it was reported that YouTube was planning to launch a subscription-based music streaming service known as "Music Pass" to compete against services such as Spotify and Google's own Google Play Music All Access. The service would allow users the ability to stream music videos hosted by the service ad-free, with background playback and offline access on Android devices. • In May 2014, the independent music trade organization Worldwide Independent Network alleged that YouTube was using non-negotiable contracts with independent labels that were "undervalued" in comparison to other streaming services, and that YouTube would block all music content from labels who do not reach a deal to be included on the paid service. In a statement to the Financial Times in June 2014, Robert Kyncl confirmed that YouTube would block the content of labels who do not negotiate deals to be included in the paid service "to ensure that all content on the platform is governed by its new contractual terms." Stating that 90% of labels had reached deals, he went on to say that "while we wish that we had a 100% success rate, we understand that is not likely an achievable goal and therefore it is our responsibility to our users and the industry to launch the enhanced music experience." Music service/videos.
- 8. • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Online_Copyright_In fringement_Liability_Limitation_Act • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_ Copyright_Act Sources.
Public clipboards featuring this slide, select another clipboard.
Looks like you’ve clipped this slide to already.
You just clipped your first slide!
Create a clipboard
Get slideshare without ads, special offer to slideshare readers, just for you: free 60-day trial to the world’s largest digital library..
The SlideShare family just got bigger. Enjoy access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, and more from Scribd.
You have now unlocked unlimited access to 20M+ documents!
Learn faster and smarter from top experts
Download to take your learnings offline and on the go
Instant access to millions of ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, podcasts and more.
Read and listen offline with any device.
Free access to premium services like Tuneln, Mubi and more.
Help us keep SlideShare free
It appears that you have an ad-blocker running. By whitelisting SlideShare on your ad-blocker, you are supporting our community of content creators.
- Harvard Business School →
- Faculty & Research →
- January 2014 (Revised February 2015)
- HBS Case Collection
YouTube for Brands
- Format: Print
- | Language: English
- | Pages: 14
- Faculty Research
- December 2015
- YouTube for Brands By: Thales Teixeira and Leora Kornfeld
- YouTube for Brands By: Thales S. Teixeira and Matthew G. Preble
- English (US)
- Français (France)
- Português (Brasil)
Telegraaf Media Groep built a YouTube strategy around content and Partner Sales to increase their revenue
To accelerate digital video growth, the Mexican publisher integrated YouTube’s customizable video player into its O&O sites
Turning the page: How a traditional newspaper became a multimedia brand
ABS-CBN embraces digital video and explores new ways of engaging audiences
Advance tests a new digital video format to tell stories that engage local audiences
Arena Holdings invests in human resources, technology, and training to elevate the quality of their digital journalism
Thairath creates an online marketplace for digital news footage to empower freelancers and broadcasters
Asianet News develops an AI translation engine to automatically convert videos into different Indian vernacular languages
The Atlantic experiments with content formats to help grow YouTube subscriber base
Atresmedia leans into native digital video and grows online audience
Band integrates a diverse video team into its newsroom and creates digital-first content to engage young audiences
Digital native BhaDiPa engages young people in news and current affairs through live stream town halls and infotainment formats
Bloomberg creates high performing video formats for audio podcasts
Brut adapts its content formats to deepen engagement with the YouTube audience
BuzzFeed News builds a video newsroom and experiments with formats to improve YouTube performance and grow subscriber base
CBS News develops an app feature to alert audiences about live events and breaking news
Channels TV lays the foundation for sustainable digital video operations
Ciaopeople invests in digital video capabilities to go live 24/7
Complex Networks experiments with new formats to bring hard news topics to life
Dagbladet uncovers the formula for live breaking news and significantly grows audience
DataBaaz uses data-driven digital video storytelling to highlight important issues to Indian youth
EBC leans into livestreaming and increases audience engagement and revenue
The Economist tests a multi-format content strategy and drives huge channel growth
News agency Europa Press empowers reporters to transition from text to multimedia reporting
EWN invests in digital video capabilities to increase the quality and quantity of video production
Factly uses digital video to make complex government policies and processes accessible to a broad audience
Filo.News expands digital video capabilities, experiments with new formats, and sees huge audience growth
The Financial Times hones its digital video strategy and explores new formats to grow audience loyalty
FiveThirtyEight doubles down on its YouTube presence to drive channel growth
Fox leans into latest YouTube tools and features to grow subscribers and revenue
Gaon Connection expands its rural journalism initiative and gives a voice to community journalists throughout India
Gedi makes live video the cornerstone of its digital offering and drives growth across brands
Global News restructures their digital video team and experiments with new formats to grow channel
By leaning into digital-first video, GMA reinvigorates their traditional media brand, engages a new audience, and reduces production costs
Graham Media Group overhauled technology infrastructure to empower local newsrooms
Grupo América transitions from a traditional media publisher to a digital-first organization
The Guardian invests in digital video to drive audience growth
The Guardian Nigeria builds a digital newsroom and establishes their voice in the digital video news space
The Hill invests in building its YouTube channel to better engage audiences and drives impressive growth
HTV integrates digital video into its TV newsroom and launches a YouTube news channel
HugoDécrypte experiments with new formats to make news and current affairs more accessible to younger audiences
Imagen Digital experiments with digital-first video formats to better engage YouTube audiences
India Today expands eight local channels under the "Tak" brand and grows its digital audience
iNews trains hundreds of young reporters to publish news videos shot on smartphone
Jovem Pan undergoes a digital video transformation to grow its multi-platform news content
JTBC integrates digital video into its newsroom and tests new formats to engage younger readers
Kompas TV invests in smartphone journalism and grows audience and revenue
kumparan empowers regional journalists and increases the quality of video content published on its platform
La Nación establishes a digital video team and tests new formats to help reach a younger audience
Legit.ng invests in digital video capabilities and engages the Hausa-language community
Le Monde engages new, younger audiences by experimenting with new digital video formats
Grupo Milenio experiments with an evergreen 'soft' news format to engage new audiences
MyNews experiments with formats, channel memberships, and new partnerships to drive sustainable growth
Narasi empowers investigative reporters and community correspondents, and drives channel growth
NBC News introduces new AR capabilities to enhance news content
NDTV aligns TV and digital video to drive platform interactivity and audience engagement
The New York Times leans into YouTube's audience engagement features to drive growth
The News Lens invests in digital video capabilities and creates a membership program to drive non-ads revenue
Nexo invests in digital video capabilities to increase YouTube presence and grow audience
NOS experiments with digital-first formats and forges strong connections with viewers
Nyoooz develops an app to help local Hindi-speaking field reporters more easily create video content
PBS NewsHour evolves digital video to meet the demands of today's audiences
Postmedia creates a new video-first brand to connect with younger audiences
ProPublica unleashes the power of digital video for investigative journalism
Refinery29 empowers digital video journalists and experiments with new formats
Grupo Reforma transition to a multimedia newsroom and grows its audience
YouTube creator Phil DeFranco launches a new brand and channel to expand news network
ShepHertz helps regional publishers across India with digital video transformations
SCMP invested in digital video tools and a world-class team to build up a broad, global YouTube audience
SPIEGEL TV combines archival footage with bespoke digital video content to test new formats and engage younger audiences
Stern experiments with content formats to drive engagement with younger viewers
Sure and Share Center launches a new YouTube channel to publish fact checking videos
TBS develops a virtual newscaster to more efficiently create digital video content and reach younger audiences
Telefe Noticias centralizes digital video workflows to help newsrooms efficiently and effectively tell local stories
Telemundo formulates plan to test Youtube-first series to engage a new audience
TKM finds innovative ways of video news storytelling to engage young audiences
Tribune leans into digital video and gives underrepresented people and issues a voice
TV Asahi integrates YouTube and Google maps in a new website to commemorate the March 2011 earthquake
TVO invests in digital video capabilities to give underrepresented Indigenous groups and communities an online voice
tvOne invests in digital video capabilities and partners with new creatives to reach younger audiences
Video Volunteers upskills community journalists to help them tell local stories that appeal to wide audiences
Vox experiments with YouTube memberships to deepen relationships with loyal fans
VTC establishes a dedicated digital video newsroom and drives channel growth
The Washington Post develops a new industry-standard taxonomy for video fact checking
The Young Turks creates an online training program to empower aspiring local digital video journalists
Get Access to ALL Templates & Editors for Just $2 a month.
- Google Docs
- Apple Pages
- Illustrator (AI)
- MS Publisher
- Vectors (EPS)
- Google Sheets
- Apple Numbers
- Power Point
- Coloring Pages
- Video Online
31+ Case Study Samples – Word, PDF
For business, there’s no better way of telling the world the potential or even the actual value of the product and services you sell than presenting case studies that validates your claim through following guidelines for case study as they contain more than just your testimonials by being able to show real-life examples of how you deal with, and achieve customer satisfaction. you may also see Analysis Templates .
Case Study Analysis Template
Business Case Study
Business law case study.
Case Study for Business Ethics
Small Business Case Study
- Determine the key facts surrounding the case.
- Identify the real issue or issues.
- Provide information on alternative courses of action.
- Assess each course of action drawn.
- Recommend what the best course of action would be, going forward.
Driver Case Study
Train driver case study.
Drink Driving Case Study
Here Are The Top 8 Tips For Creating A Great Case Study
1. write a situation that your ideal customer can relate to, 2. make it about real people, 3 . tell the story from beginning to end, 4. do it in a readable format, 5. include real numbers, 6. talk specific strategy, 7. appeal to learners of different kinds, 8. they should be easy to find, management case study, case study for change management.
Case Study for Risk Management
Management Planning Case Study
Psychological Case Study
Case study for psychological contract.
Social Case Study
Health and social case study.
Case Study for Social Work
- Identify the most important facts surrounding the case.
- Identify the key issue or issues.
- In order to identify if a problem is the root of management issues, consider whether management leaders are doing their jobs in making an effort to exert the right amount of leadership over the team and if they are keeping tabs of the overall team performance. Also consider how they go about decision-making and the nature of which decisions are applied. Do these managers have enough information to cover for performing their role, are they failing drastically in making use of what information and resources are available?
Social Media Case Study
Case Control Study
Control study for prospective case.
Nested Case Control Study
Matched Case Control Study
Counseling Case Study
Career counseling case study.
Education Case Study
Case study for higher education.
Education Research Case Study
Case study for special education.
Medical Case Study
Case study for medical terminology.
Project Case Study
Power project case study.
Case Study for Construction Project
Project Management Case Study
Pilot Project Case Study
Research Case Study
Case study for action research.
Research Methodology Case Study
Case Study for Research Paper
Research Design Case Study
Student Case Study
Case study of college student.
Elementary Student Case Study
Student information system case study.
Technical Case Study
Technical writing case study.
Case Study for Technical Support
Additional Guidelines for Your Case Analysis
- If possible, include an input from a chosen client.
- Use a cause-effect analysis
More in Case Templates
200,000+ FREE & Premium
Beautifully Designed, Easily Editable Templates to Get your Work Done Faster & Smarter.
- Food & Beverages
- Marketing Examples
Case Study – Examples, PDF
1. case study template, 2. case study collection, 3. b2b case study template, 4. case study protocol, 5. case study proposal template, 6. impact case study template, 7. minimum process case study template, 8. study questionnaire, 9. culture case study template, 10. open standards case study, 11. customer case study template, 12. customer case design template, 13. case study guide, 14. occupational therapy case study template, 15. project case study template, 16. descriptive case study, 17. case study report format guideline, 18. case study purpose, 19. sample case study analysis, 20. customer case study agreement, 21. case study release form, 22. case study format, 23. case study compilation, 24. client case study template, 25. student research case study, what is a case study, how to write a case study topic, why are case studies necessary, are case studies qualitative or quantitative research, what makes a good case study.
1) Choose an Overall Subject of a Topic to Write About
2) research related literature and studies, 3) select a specified sub-topic, 4) write down both dependent and independent variables, more business, 74+ formal letter examples & samples in pdf | doc | microsoft word | apple pages | google docs, 28+ examples of sports certificate in publisher | ms word | psd | ai | pages | indesign, 65+ project proposal examples in pdf | ms word | pages | google docs, 8+ reminder email examples & samples in pdf | doc, 85+ report examples in pdf, 7+ formal email examples and samples in pdf | doc, 27+ email examples & samples in microsoft word | apple pages | editable pdf | google docs, 10+ goodbye emails to coworkers examples & samples in word, 15+ leave application email examples & samples in pdf | doc, 58+ incident report examples & samples in pdf | google docs | pages | doc, 4+ introduction email examples & samples – pdf, doc, 38+ business proposal letter examples in pdf | doc | microsoft word | apple pages, related articles.
- 23+ Personal Reference Letter Examples in PDF | MS Word | Pages | Google Docs | MS Outlook
- 26+ Email Cover Letter Examples in PDF | DOC
YOUTUBE CASE STUDY 1. What options are available for brand advertiser to use youtube to engage with consumers ? What are the pro's and the con's for each option. Option Description Pro's Con's User Channel any user or company can register on Youtube for free and post content, commentand likes.
This study examined the use of YouTube for educational purposes. An online questionnaire was designed using Google form and data were collected from Pondicherry University students. Data...
This case study examines the use of social media such as youtube and facebook in enhancing student centred learning techniques for media production courses at the NHTV University of Applied...
Case Study Youtube-converted - Free download as PDF File (.pdf) or read online for free.
Problem Context Android users now spend more time on TikTok than on YouTube. American users consumed 24 hours of content on TikTok in June 2021 compared to 22 hours and 40 minutes on YouTube. YouTube Shorts want to leverage this insight to better serve the creators and audience on YouTube Shorts. As V.P of Product for YouTube, Shorts, produce a detailed plan for improving the Average Watch ...
Success Stories, Case Studies and Examples - YouTube Advertising Insights Start now YouTube success stories See how businesses of all sizes are reaching their goals with YouTube Ads....
Media Studies - Youtube Case Study Jan. 07, 2016 • 1 like • 1,422 views Download Now Download to read offline Education Here is my YouTube case study which I've produced for my media studies coursework. Croudinator Follow Advertisement Advertisement Recommended Case study - YouTube emmaspyramediastudies 4.7k views • 9 slides Presentation - you tube
A case study of the company 'YouTube as research for my A2 music video production. emmaspyramediastudies Follow Advertisement Advertisement Recommended Youtube Presentation townsend 19.6k views • 10 slides YouTube Powerpoint AlexanderRichardson 63.9k views • 11 slides Presentation - you tube sunil.dce 37.9k views • 17 slides Evolution Of YouTube
Case study on YouTube ... YouTube Feb. 2005 Yes 1,200,000,000 Yes OfÞcially ÒSelected Videos OnlyÓ ...
Participatory culture on YouTube: A case study of the multichannel network Machinima Bryan Mueller ABSTRACT The theory of participatory culture, described by Henry Jenkins and Yochai Benkler, proposes that the emergence of new media allows for unrestricted access to the system of cultural exchange, and supports a more democratic process of ...
Hiii…….. FRIENDS In this video you will get the knowledge about the format of the CASE STUDY.I have provided a SAMPLE of a CASE STUDY at the end of this vid...
YouTube Case Study. by fiberadmin | Sep 6, 2010 | Case Studies. Located in San Bruno, California, YouTube is the undisputed leader in online video. Users worldwide gather to share and watch original videos through YouTube's simple interface. ... Pandora Case Study. Give Us a Ring. Phone 888-504-4678. Send a Fax. Fax 801-223-9937. Take A Tour ...
HTML5 technology allowed YouTube to offer live streaming playback on devices such as the Chromecast, XBox One, PS4, and Smart TV devices. Key Results Faster YouTube VP9 time to load. Dark green areas indicate a faster load time. Note that while low-bandwidth countries were the most affected, almost every country saw an improvement. More
Since its development, YouTube, the world's third most popular online destination, has transformed from a video-sharing site into a job opportunity for content creators in both new and mainstream media. Based on content analysis, the study examined how three prominent YouTubers have created a successful personal brand.
Abstract. This case examines the changes employed by YouTube to make the massively popular site more attractive to brands. Building from its base of amateur, user-generated content, YouTube had turned to experimenting with professionally-made content and organizing its videos into channels. But it still struggled when it came to capturing ...
Factly. Factly uses digital video to make complex government policies and processes accessible to a broad audience. Download PDF. Filo.news. Filo.News expands digital video capabilities, experiments with new formats, and sees huge audience growth. Download PDF.
PDF. Size: 110 KB. Download. By definition, case studies in the Social Sciences are records of detailed research focusing on the development of a person, organization, or situation over a given time period. In the corporate arena, a case study is usually a summary of some real life scenarios in business. It can also be a fictional account of ...
Case Study - Examples, PDF. Plenty of qualitative research requires genuine information from subjects going about their normal lives. This type of information is difficult to obtain through the scientific method. Case studies allow researchers to engage and investigate the subject in a way that generates genuine and reliable data.